John C. Lincoln Health Network General Surgery Residency Program Stipends and Benefits – 2014 - 2015
- PGY1 $52,000
- PGY2 $52,790
- PGY3 $54,371
- PGY4 $55,182
- PGY5 $56,837 (Includes additional $3,000 a year for Chief Resident duties)
- Three weeks of vacation per year (15 weekdays plus 5 weekend days for a total of 20 days.)
- Five days allotted for interviewing days, after which vacation days must be used.
- 10 days sick leave
- Family and medical leave – Each resident may be eligible for up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave for birth, adoption or seriously ill family members. Residents should be aware that all combined leave exceeding 30 days will lengthen the residency beyond the usual expected date of completion in accordance with the AOA guidelines.
- Residents may spend up to $300 per year book allowance (Matthews Bookstore) for medical books. This amount does not include the cost of books supplied by the program or textbooks required for program-related examinations.
- Professional protection insurance, group life and disability insurance will be provided by John C. Lincoln Health Network
- Hospitalization insurance for physician and immediate family (spouse and children) will be provided by John C. Lincoln Health Network, and if a John C. Lincoln facility and its medical staff are utilized, any costs beyond insurance will be franked.
- Dental and eye insurance are an optional benefit for residents and dependents at John C. Lincoln Health Network group rates.
- $2,000 health care flex spending account
- One pair of surgical loupes for categorical residents provided at PGY-3 level
- Scientific conferences are provided by the training program at designated levels of training as approved by the program director
- Direct deposit of stipend check into a checking or savings account at your bank
- Meal tickets – two for each call day per month, $7.50 per ticket
- Lab coats – two per year
- Free parking in the parking garage
- Access to Cowden Fitness Center
- Social functions such as Christmas party, graduation dinner and dance