John C. Lincoln General Surgery Residency Program Application Information
Our Postgraduate Training Program in General Surgery participates in the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) for our two categorical positions and four preliminary positions.
To be eligible, you must have a minimum score of 400 on COMLEX Part I and 410 on COMLEX Part 2. No prior clinical experience is needed. We currently do not accept visas.
To be considered for an interview, your application must be complete prior the deadline date. Please contact our office for an updated timeline. An application is considered complete when we have received all of the following:
- Completed ERAS application
- Two letters of recommendation
- Medical school transcript
- Letter of support from the dean of your medical school
- Part I and Part II COMLEX Scores
- USMLE Level I and Level II Scores
After all applications are reviewed, candidates granted interviews will be contacted by email.
- Applications are only accepted through ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service). The ERAS website address is www.aamc.org
- Participation with the National Resident Matching Program
- Current enrollment in a medical school or a residency program
- Passing of Board examinations (no more than 2 attempts on any COMLEX exam)
- We do not currently sponsor visas of any type
Applications must include:
- E-mail Address
- Dean's Letter
- Medical School Transcript
- Personal Statement
- Board Scores (both COMLEX and USMLE if available)
- Minimum of two Letters of Recommendation
- ECFMG certificate, if international graduate
If you have any questions about our program or the application process, we invite you to contact Barbara Olheiser, the John C. Lincoln General Surgery Resident Coordinator, via email or by phone at 602-870-6060, Ext. 2696, between 7 a.m. and 3 p.m. Monday – Friday (MST).