Produced by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services Office of Inspector General, A Roadmap for New Physicians provides wide-ranging guidance on how to identify and avoid ethical "red flags" in relationships with payers, fellow physicians, and vendors.
Specific topics reviewed in this booklet include:
- Fraud and abuse laws: The False Claims Act, Anti-Kickback Statute, Physician Self-Referral Law (Stark law), Exclusion Statute and Civil Monetary Penalties Law.
- Physician relationships with payers.
- Physician relationships with fellow providers: Physicians, hospitals, nursing homes, and health care business ventures.
- Physician relationships with vendors, as well as pharmaceutical and device companies.
- Compliance programs for physicians.
- Resources that can help you evaluate the potential for compliance problems, and what to do when you think you have a problem.
John C. Lincoln Health Network follows the highest ethical principles and complies with all relevant laws and regulations in all business transactions. If you have any questions about compliance issues, please contact Christina Galbo, MBA, CHC, Director of Compliance for the John C. Lincoln Health Network. Call her at 623-434-6279 or email her at christina.galbo@JCL.com.