Hearing loss may be so gradual that you don't even notice it.
You may simply feel people are not speaking clearly or loudly enough, causing you to feel "left out" of conversations. In fact, your spouse, your friends or your family members may be aware you have hearing loss long before you are. To find out if you may need a hearing evaluation, challenge yourself with this simple quiz:
- Do you feel like others mumble when they talk?
- Do you have trouble hearing women's and children's voices?
- Do others ask you to turn down the TV volume?
- Do you have trouble hearing in noisy places?
- Do you often ask people to repeat what they say?
- Can you "hear" words but not understand them?
- Are there times you don't hear the telephone ring?
- Are you finding you don't enjoy social situations any more because you miss what is being said?
- Do you hear ringing, buzzing or other noises in your head or ears?
If you can answer "yes" to any of these questions, hearing loss could be the problem. Please contact our office at 602-494-6237 to schedule a hearing evaluation right away.