The Level I Trauma Center at John C. Lincoln North Mountain Hospital offers comprehensive diagnosis and treatment of trauma patients. To do so, around the clock we staff specialty surgeons, physician specialists, nurse technologists and other medical technologists.
Alicia Mangram, MD, FACS, Director of Trauma Services
Dr. Mangram serves as medical director of the Level I Trauma Center at North Mountain Hospital.
Our trauma center offers:
- 24 hour, in-house trauma surgeon coverage, to immediately respond to trauma cases from the field and oversee injured patients in the ICU and floor of the hospital.
- 24-hour backup trauma surgeon coverage; a second trauma surgeon may return to the hospital to support the in-house trauma surgeon.
- 24-hour, in-house trauma anesthesia coverage.
- 24-hour, backup trauma anesthesia coverage.
- 24-hour, in-house radiologists to read films on site.
- Trauma-trained nursing staff.
- Additional physician specialists on call on 24-hour shifts, including: orthopedic surgeons, neurosurgeons, reconstructive plastic surgeons, cardiac surgeons, cardiologists, hand surgeons, pulmonary physicians and others.
Further, we commit extensive resources to quality improvement and education. Beyond training our staff, we provide training for first responders, physicians, medical directors of regional hospitals and nurses throughout Arizona.