Together, John C. Lincoln's da Vinci Si robotic surgery system and single incision laparoscopic surgery (SILS) system require smaller incisions and afford improved surgical precision. These state-of-the-art surgical technologies offer numerous benefits for patients and surgeons alike.
Benefits for Patients
- Shorter hospitalization.
- Reduced pain.
- Faster recovery times.
- Smaller incisions, resulting in reduced risk of infection, less blood loss and minimal scarring.
- Autologous donation (donating own blood before surgery) is not required.
- Patients resume normal activities sooner.
Benefits for Surgeons
- Magnified 3-D, HD and 10x visualization for optimum viewing within the operative site.
- Increased precision, control and range of motion of micro-instruments.
- Tremor filtration.
- Improved access to and manipulation of organs, tissues and nerves.