At John C. Lincoln, our Virginia G. Piper Pediatric Center of Excellence and our extensive community service programs offer parents and their children options for their care. At John C., we care for kids!
Our Pediatric Programs for Children
- Mendy's Place: The only 24/7 pediatric emergency center serving the North and West Valley.
- KidsZone: A special unit within John C. Lincoln Deer Valley Hospital equipped and staffed for the youngest patients in our care.
- Andrea's Closet: At Deer Valley Hospital, a closet filled with toys brings smiles to hospitalized children.
- Child Life Services: A program that helps make a hospital stay more comfortable for kids.
Additional Community Service Programs for Children
- Child care: Lincoln Learning Center offers a nationally accredited childcare program with extended hours for children ages 6 weeks to 12 years.
- Children's dental care: The John C. Lincoln Children's Dental Clinic provides low-cost dental care for uninsured children.
- Children's health care: At John C. Lincoln Community Health Center, youngsters from low-income families receive the care they need to grow up healthy and strong.
- Family assistance: Marley House helps stabilize families in crisis and assists them in becoming self-sufficient.
- Food bank: Desert Mission Food Bank provides food for people in need.
Child safety is part of our preventive care mission. We invite you to learn about ways to protect your child from illness, accidents and sports injuries.
- Child safety seat program: Learn about John C. Lincoln's free car seat installation and inspection services.
- Car seat safety tips: Reduce the risk of accident-related injury by using your car seat properly.
- Children and concussions: Understand what happens during a concussion, know the symptoms of concussion and learn how John C. Lincoln provides specialized post-concussion care for children.
- Burn prevention: See our list of helpful tips to prevent burns around the home, in the kitchen and around hot water.
- Children and sports injuries: Know when to take your child to the emergency department after an injury, and learn why specialized care is important.