MAKOplasty for Knees and Hips
Attend a monthly seminar with one of our orthopedic surgeons to learn more about MAKOplasty minimally invasive robotic surgery. More information at JCL.com/events.
John C. Lincoln Hospitals are dedicated to helping orthopedic patients get back to their active lifestyles as quickly as possible. Through advanced technologies, minimally invasive alternatives and a multidisciplinary team of medical staff at the forefront of their professions, our patients can achieve the best possible outcomes after orthopedic surgery.
Benefits of John C. Lincoln's Orthopedic Services
- Superior joint-replacement techniques.
- Minimally invasive surgery alternatives.
- New spacious and comfortable room accommodations including low pressure point mattresses specially designed for orthopedics patients.
- Pre-surgery education program designed to ease the anticipation prior to surgery and promote optimal outcomes.
- State-of-the-art rehabilitation facility and gymnasium to promote faster recovery times.
- Implant Technology: for knee and hip replacements, John C. Lincoln offers advanced plastics for knee and hip replacement that are more durable, last longer and offer less pain.
- Computer Navigation: This advanced computer technology allows surgeons to use computer navigation to realign ligaments in limbs and boost accuracy of installation, thus, lessening pain.
- Secure Track: Secure Track, a monorail ceiling track, supports orthopedic patients by assisting them to walk upright without the fear of falling as soon as possible following surgery. Both John C. Lincoln Hospitals have Secure Track.
- Liko Lifts: Liko lifts gently and safely transport orthopedic patients that have difficulty moving after surgery from their bed to recliner or into the restroom as needed.
Minimally Invasive Alternatives
- Knee*: If you suffer from osteoarthritis of the knee, partial knee replacement with MAKOplasty may be a viable surgical option. Using the latest robotic surgical technology, MAKOplasty creates a 3-D model of your knee, helping your surgeon selectively target knee damage, sparing surrounding healthy bone and ligaments. The result is a more natural feeling knee.
- Hip*: If you suffer from degenerative hip joint disease, total hip replacement with MAKOplasty may be for you. Using the latest robotic surgical technology, MAKOplasty helps create a 3-D model of your hip, so that your surgeon can determine an optimal placement for your new implant.
* John C. Lincoln Deer Valley Hospital only.
Pre & Post Surgery Services
See how John C. Hospitals provide advanced orthopedic care, from diagnosis to post-surgical rehabilitation.
For patients undergoing total hip or knee replacement, John C. Lincoln North Mountain and Deer Valley Hospitals offer a preoperative joint replacement class called Joint Venture. Taught by an experienced orthopedic nurse, Joint Venture helps patients better understand their hospital experience and recovery. An emphasis is placed on pain control, early mobilization, discharge planning and ensuring a positive patient experience. The goal is to provide patients with the information they need to improve patient outcomes.
After surgery, our inpatient therapy staff expertly guides patients through the healing process in a comfortable environment designed specifically for orthopedic patients. At both John C. Lincoln Hospitals, our rehabilitation center and gymnasium offers functional tools to get patients back on their feet. Advanced technologies such as Secure Track and the help of skilled physical therapists help patients with movement exercises to achieve optimal patient outcomes.
Orthopedic procedures performed at the John C. Lincoln Deer Valley and North Mountain Hospitals include, but are not limited to: