Heart health information and education from John C. Lincoln Hospitals
Learn about the signs of heart attack and how you can trust John C. Lincoln for emergency heart care.
The health of your heart is one of your most prized possessions. Quite literally, you should guard it with your life.
To help you — and your loved ones — have the best heart health possible, John C. Lincoln offers you this special educational section of JCL.com. Here, we cover important topics such as heart anatomy, health-screening results, risk factors for heart disease, women's heart health and heart attack warning signs.
- How the Heart Works: Read our brief introduction to heart anatomy and how it pumps blood throughout your body.
- Know Your Heart Numbers: See a chart of measurements covering blood pressure, cholesterol levels, triglycerides and more. Learn what's healthy — and what's not.
- Heart Disease Risk Factors: Learn why high blood pressure, cholesterol, diabetes, obesity and other factors severely impact the heart.
- Preventing Heart Disease: Check out our overview of healthy things you can do for your heart — not smoking, walking moderately and more.
- Women and Heart Disease: Women and men are not the same when it comes to heart disease. Learn about women's risk factors for heart disease, specialized heart care for women and signs of heart disease and heart attack in women.
- Heart Attack Symptoms: Become familiar with the warning signs of heart attack. When the classic signs of heart attack strike, don't ignore them. Instead, call 9-1-1 immediately.
- Surviving a Heart Attack: Understand why time is a critical factor in heart attack treatment, and why you should call 9-1-1 for help.