Breast cancer support groups at the Breast Health and Research Center are free and open to all. To learn more, call 623-780-HOPE (4673).
A wide variety of support groups for patients with breast cancer meet regularly at John C. Lincoln's Breast Health and Research Center, located at Suite 205, 19646 N. 27th Avenue, in Phoenix. Click for a Google map and driving directions. Our center is situtated immediately southwest of the I-17 / Freeway 101 interchange, across 27th Avenue.
They are co-sponsored by John C. Lincoln and other community partners. They are designed to help breast cancer patients navigate the journey back to health.
Specialized Breast Cancer Support Groups and Activities
- Yoga for Recovery, a special exercise program for breast cancer patients, is offered with yoga and meditation from 6 to 8 p.m. on the first and third Thursdays of the month. Note: This group meets across the street in John C. Lincoln Medical Office Building 1, 19841 N. 27th Ave., Suite 400, Phoenix, on the campus of John C. Lincoln Deer Valley Hospital. RSVP@twccaz.org or call 602-712-1006.
- Thrive! Young Breast Cancer Support Group, designed for younger cancer patients, meets from 6 to 8 p.m. on the second Tuesday each month.
- Breast Cancer Learn & Support Group meets from 6 to 8 p.m. on the second and fourth Thursdays of the month. Patients can discuss their challenges, learn from each other and get support for their battle against cancer.
Learn how John C. Lincoln's Breast Health and Research Center provides compassionate, coordinated and technologically advanced care.
- Circle of Help Breast Cancer Support Group, created for patients with advanced, metastatic or recurrent breast cancer, meets from 6 to 8 p.m. on the fourth Thursday of each month. This group is co-sponsored by Bosom Buddies of Arizona.
- Look Good ... Feel Better! Women's Cancer Treatment Program, taught by cosmetologists to help cancer patients cope with treatment, meets every other month from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. on the second Tuesday (March, May, July, September and November). Co-sponsored by the American Cancer Society. RSVP: 602-434-2784.
- Cooking for Wellness, with a registered dietician, offers a cooking demonstration and recipes to boost the immune system during treatment and meets from 6 to 8 p.m. on the third Tuesday every other month (February, April, June, August and October). RSVP@twccaz.org or call 602- 712-1006.
More information about the various support group activities is available by calling the Breast Health and Research Center at 623-780-HOPE (4673) or visiting JCL.com/breasthealth.