We appreciate your interest in volunteering at John C. Lincoln. Please review the following instructions and requirements first. Once you are ready to apply, download our volunteer application form, fill it out completely and send the completed form to us.
Who May Volunteer
Year-round volunteer opportunities are available for adults (ages 18 and older) at both campuses.
Teen opportunities are available year-round for those 14 years of age and older. Parental consent is required to participate in the teen volunteer program.
- A minimum three-month commitment is requested, but six months or longer is preferred.
- A regular schedule is required for many positions (weekly or every other week).
- Volunteers are required to wear a volunteer uniform. Uniforms can be purchased in the volunteer office on either campus - payment arrangements can be made.
- As part of our commitment to the health and well-being of our workforce and community, John C. Lincoln Health Network no longer hires or re-hires individuals who use tobacco. In the spirit of this policy, we can no longer accept volunteers who use tobacco products.
- Download the Volunteer Application form (Fillable PDF; requires Adobe Reader) and save it to your computer.
- Type in the information requested, making sure to enter your electronic signature, and save the completed application to your computer.
- For teen applicants only, have a parent or guardian complete the parental consent section of the application.
- Email the completed application as an attachment to the location where you would like to volunteer:
- To volunteer at John C. Lincoln Deer Valley Hospital or John C. Lincoln Sonoran Health and Emergency Center, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To volunteer at John C. Lincoln North Mountain Hospital or at Desert Mission community programs, email email@example.com.
- You may also mail or fax the completed form to us. Please see the application form for details.
- Our Volunteer Services staff will contact you to schedule an interview.
- Complete an interview with the Volunteer Services department.
- Attend a new volunteer orientation, offered during day or evening hours.
- Complete a tuberculosis screening at a John C. Lincoln hospital (free of charge).
- Complete a criminal background check (free of charge).