Here are a few things to consider about the pre-registration and pre-admission process:
- Please bring your insurance cards or forms with you.
- Shortly after your doctor schedules your surgery, a John C. Lincoln Admitting representative will call to schedule your pre-admission testing appointment. All diagnostic tests must be completed before your day of surgery.
- The Admitting office staff will ask for the information by phone regarding your admission and insurance.
- Please inform the Admitting staff if you have any advance directives, such as a Living Will or Medical Power of Attorney. If so, please bring this information with you on the day of surgery.
- One the day of your pre-admission testing appointment, please plan to arrive to the Admitting department 15 minutes prior to your appointment.
- The entire pre-admission process usually takes about one hour. During that time, preliminary diagnostic tests such as EKG, urine tests, blood tests and x-rays may be completed so that your physician can evaluate the results before surgery. A registered nurse will call you to discuss your surgery with you, assess your health status and go over specific instructions that must be followed to prepare for surgery. The nurse will also be happy to answer any questions that you might have.
- If you have your blood tests and/or EKG done at your physician's office or outside lab facility, ask them to fax these results prior to the date of your surgery. The fax number is 602-870-6090.
- Please be prompt. If you are unable to keep your scheduled appointment, please call a Surgical Pre-Assessment Representative at 602-870-6060, ext. 1525 or 2230, between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday to cancel and reschedule.