Public Notice: Magnet Recognition Program Site Visit
John C. Lincoln Deer Valley Hospital has applied to the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) for the prestigious designation of Magnet.
John C. Lincoln Deer Valley Hospital is a 204-bed, not-for-profit community hospital that features all private rooms for your comfort and convenience. The hospital serves the north Phoenix metropolitan area as well as communities including New River, Black Canyon City, Anthem and others further north along Interstate 17.
The hospital now provides a higher level of emergency care to patients with "provisional designation" as a Level III Trauma Center by the Arizona Department of Health Services Bureau of Emergency Medical Services and Trauma Systems.
In 2011, Deer Valley Hospital was named the only hospital in Arizona to receive a Premier QUEST Award for High Value health care - Honorable Mention. The award is presented to hospitals that achieve top performance in three measures:
- Lower mortality: Eliminating avoidable hospital deaths.
- Lower cost of care: Safely reducing the cost of care for each patient's hospitalization.
- Evidence-based care: Delivering the most reliable and effective care based on national guidelines that follow proven practices.
Deer Valley Hospital was also presented with the Arizona Pioneer Award for Quality by the Arizona State Quality Alliance in 2009. The prestigious award honors organizations that have established and deployed fundamental quality systems within their operations, attaining high levels of performance excellence process implementation.
Medical Services Available at Deer Valley Hospital
More than 1,300 dedicated health care professionals work together at the hospital to offer a range of inpatient and outpatient services, including:
- A new, state-of-the-art, 35-bed Emergency Department.
- The Virginia G. Piper Pediatric Center of Excellence, which includes Mendy's Place, a 24/7 pediatric emergency center staffed with pediatric specialists including a Child Life Specialist. For its ability to care for children in an emergency, the Children's Emergency Center has been granted Pediatric-Prepared Emergency Care certification by the Arizona Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics and Arizona Department of Health Services.
- A new, 32-bed Critical Care Unit.
- Inpatient and outpatient surgery.
- An accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI (percutaneous coronary intervention, also known as angioplasty), the highest national accreditation possible for emergency cardiac care; an accredited Heart Failure Center; and a certified Cardiac Arrest Center.
- The Breast Health and Research Center, the first facility in Arizona to offer 3-D screening mammograms.
- A Primary Stroke Center.
- A Deep Vein Thrombosis Program that offers an innovative, nonsurgical treatment for DVT.
- Cardiac care, including a new, 30-bed Progressive Cardiac Care Unit and Cardiac Rehabilitation facility.
- Award-winning orthopedic services, including Secure Track, the first and longest rehabilitation track for orthopedic patients.
- Vascular services.
- Interventional radiology.
- Inpatient rehabilitative services.
- Inpatient and outpatient medical imaging.
- Uterine fibroid treatment.
If you plan to visit a family member or friend in our care, our hospital's Visitor Guide will help acquaint you with the hospital.
Also, please see the Patient Surgery Guide for a helpful overview of what to expect before, during and after surgery.