When you leave a bequest to John C. Lincoln Health Foundation, you can make a generous gift without reducing your current income. You can specify the programs that you wish your gift to benefit. You also can create special funds in your name or in memory of loved ones. Charitable bequests are normally deductible in full for estate tax purposes. These benefits include:
- You can make charitable gifts through your will that are deductible for estate tax purposes.
- You retain use of the assets during your life.
- You also can set up trusts or gift annuities through your will or revocable trusts.
Bequests should be made to John C. Lincoln Health Foundation, 9100 N. 2nd St., Suite 301, Phoenix, Arizona 85020. The Foundation is a designated IRS 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization and is an Arizona corporation. It is the central development office for the John C. Lincoln Health Network and its charitable affiliates, including the Desert Mission.
You may designate a specific amount in a will or codicil with this phrase:
- [Amount you specify] is to be contributed to the John C. Lincoln Health Foundation at 9100 N. 2nd St., Suite 301, in Phoenix, Arizona 85020 to be used for the [Desert Mission, Community Health Center, etc]." You, as the donor, can specify a program or project.
Residual amounts, after other important bequests are directed in one's will, can be designated thusly:
- "The remainder of my estate (including cash, stock, bonds and property) shall be transferred to the John C. Lincoln Health Foundation at 9100 N. 2nd St., Suite 301, in Phoenix, Arizona 85020 for the [a specific area of community service, treatment, or patient comfort]."
Percentage designation of assets in a will has become a fair method of distribution during these times of fluctuating values in real estate and on Wall Street. This method insures everyone named in your will receives the proportion you intend:
- "… and 15% of the value of my estate is designated to The John C. Lincoln Health Foundation at 9100 N. 2nd St., Suite 301, in Phoenix, Arizona 85020 for the [an area of your choosing]." Note: phrasing assumes the sum of percentages does not exceed 100%.
For more information about making a charitable bequest to John C. Lincoln Health Foundation, call 602-331-7860.