Community Health Center provides primary health care to children and families who may be enrolled in AHCCCS or the KidsCare program, or who have no health insurance. We focus on illness prevention, health screenings, wellness education and continuity of care.
Our team of doctors, family nurse practitioners and medical assistants provide:
- Immunizations and physicals.
- Referral coordination of lab work, X-rays, mammograms, medication and specialty care.
- Screenings, treatment and chronic disease management.
At Community Health Center, One Door Opens All Doors
Because Community Health Center is located within Desert Mission's Community Health Services building, clients can access two closely related programs — Children's Dental Clinic and Marley House Behavioral Health Clinic — that are designed to meet a variety of health care needs.
Together, these three programs work together to make sure clients have a medical home where their health care needs are coordinated by a team of professionals.
Community Health Center does this by providing:
- Enrollment Services: Clients can sit down with staff members to fill out public program applications and determine program fees.
- Referral Coordination: Clients are encouraged to take an active role in their own well-being. Staff members connect them with other helpful programs, both within Desert Mission and with groups that partner with us.
- Shared Database: Client medical history, referrals and previous services are stored in a shared and secure database so that we don't duplicate work and use staff and client time wisely.