Children's Dental Clinic provides comprehensive dental care for children, through the age of 20, who are enrolled in AHCCCS or the KidsCare program, or who have no insurance.
Children's Dental Clinic is staffed by a highly skilled team of dental professionals. They provide the following services:
- Prevention: Cleanings, X-rays, sealants and exams. Treatment: Fillings for cavities, extractions, root canals.
- School-based screenings: We provide dental screenings, education materials and Smile Kits with toothpaste, a toothbrush and dental floss to at-risk children at partnering schools.
We thank our generous volunteer dentists, specialists and hygienists, as well as our donors, who help us carry out our work at Children's Dental Clinic.
At Children's Dental Clinic, One Door Opens All Doors
Because Children's Dental Clinic is located within Desert Mission's Community Health Services building, clients can access two closely related programs — Community Health Center and Marley House Behavioral Health Clinic — that are designed to meet a variety of health care needs.
Together, these three programs work together to make sure clients have a medical home where their health care needs are coordinated by a team of professionals.
Desert Mission Community Health Services does this by providing:
- Enrollment Services: Clients can sit down with staff members to fill out public program applications and determine program fees.
- Referral Coordination: Clients are encouraged to take an active role in their own well-being. Staff members connect them with other helpful programs, both within Desert Mission and with groups that partner with us.
- Shared Database: Client medical history, referrals and previous services are stored in a shared and secure database so that we don't duplicate work and use staff and client time wisely.