Download Desert Mission's 2013 Annual Report, titled A Better Life Within Reach.
PDF document. Requires free Adobe Reader software.
Annual Report Highlights
In 2013, Desert Mission continued to meet increasing needs in the community:
- Desert Mission Food Bank distributed 45,369 emergency food boxes, compared to 40,752 emergency food boxes in 2012. Area school kids received 46,000 Snack Pacs in 2013 compared to 40,352 in 2012.
- Community Health Center had 3,476 patient visits. For teens between 11 and 15 years old, the immunization rate was an impressive 95 percent.
- Children's Dental Clinic provided 3,611 dental visits vs. 3,420 dental visits in 2012, and screened 8,541 students at local schools.
- Marley House Behavioral Health Clinic facilitated 675 school-based counseling sessions to at-risk youth, helping them make better choices for their future.
- Lincoln Learning Center was one of only 17 early childhood programs in Arizona to be given 5 Stars by First Things First. Sixty-five students received scholarships.
- Adult Day Health Care conducted monthly caregiver support groups that helped family members continue to provide care for ailing loved ones.
- Neighborhood Renewal held 24 homebuyer classes.
- A total of 425 individuals and 97 groups donated 51,332 volunteer hours, the equivalent of $1,077,972 in services for Desert Mission.