Download the PDF (requires free Adobe Reader software)
In 2013, our not-for-profit health network had many highlights:
- Sonoran Health and Emergency Center opened in December to bring residents of North Phoenix communities quality healthcare right in their own neighborhood as a freestanding emergency center open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Awards and accreditations included the third Magnet designation for North Mountain Hospital, making it the first medical facility in Arizona to receive three such designations. Deer Valley Hospital was named one of the nation’s 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics, the Physician Network received the national Fred Graham Award for Improving Community Health and the Desert Mission Volunteers received one of the American Hospital Association’s Hospital Awards for Volunteer Excellence.
- Our Network encompassed 1,250 physicians and 4,077 employees. Our 1,890 individuals and groups of volunteers provided 200,940 hours of service in our hospitals and Desert Mission programs.
- Deer Valley Hospital accommodated 50,546 inpatient and outpatient days and 72,955 patient visits to its Emergency Department for adults and to its 24/7 Children's Emergency Department, Mendy's Place, part of the Virginia G. Piper Pediatric Center of Excellence. The Deer Valley Emergency Department upgraded patient care services with its Provisional Level III Trauma designation.
- North Mountain Hospital accommodated 76,140 inpatient and outpatient days and provided trauma care to 3,171 individuals. The Emergency Department had almost 50,000 non-trauma patient visits.
- Desert Mission Food Bank distributed more than 45,000 emergency food boxes to members of our community and nearly 46,000 Snack Pacs (emergency weekend food for children).
- John C. Lincoln Health Foundation received $4.7 million in philanthropic contributions to touch lives and save lives through John C. Lincoln community programs and service.